SharePoint Team Lead
(February 2014 – Present)
- Technical leader and team manager for Stoneridge’s Web Infrastructure. Including Intranet (SharePoint), Stoneridge.com (WordPress), and custom Applications, in support of efforts such as people management, project management, architecture, development, administration, training, and upgrades.
- Developed custom SharePoint solution to support Stoneridge’s Global Accounting Reconciliation and Reporting Process and Support Workflow (SharePoint Designer Workflows, custom lists, InfoPath, and site templates). Developed IT Timesheet solution (JQuery, SharePoint Designer Workflows, and custom lists)
- WordPress – WordPress System Management & Administration; Mentor and support team member’s technical skill development and growth.
- WordPress – Install and Configure mirrored test environment.
IT Project Management Experience:
- SharePoint 2013 Upgrade Project: Duration: 13 Months; Project Team: 3 FTE; Budget: $0; Cost Savings: $20,000 annually. Drafted business case; Won CIO project approval; Developed timelines and WBS; Completed Successful Upgrade and migration of 2 globally deployed SharePoint Farms, custom .Net solutions, and 3rd Party web parts.
- Inventory Quality Ratio (IQR) Global Implementation Project: Duration: 7 Months; Budget $130,000; 17 Project Team Members with partial time commitment; Successfully automated data extraction (ETL) from 5 distinct ERP systems; implemented software packages; and provided training for inventory analysis software across Stoneridge’s globally dispersed manufacturing plants.
- Stoneridge, Inc. President’s Award
SharePoint Administrator & MOSS Developer
(July 2012 – February 2014)
- SharePoint Responsibilities include administration, management, support of SharePoint Server Farms; serve as SharePoint developer and business analyst to provide custom SharePoint solutions. Enterprise Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence responsibilities currently serving as Project Manager
- Established Global SharePoint Governance Committee, defined and implemented data retention policies; and improved data protection through enhanced user security.
- Successful upgrade from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010, and information architecture re-organization allowing for alignment with Stoneridge’s matrix organizational structure.
- Commercial Tooling Process Improvements: The Commercial Tooling Workflow project was developed to aid in the process of capturing requirements and invoice payment for customer funded tooling. The workflow provides an electronic process in supporting the communication of engineering change requests, collection of approved documentation, and status updates with the customer payment. Current projections estimate the workflow will aid in the collection of more than $800,000 in outstanding tooling invoices.
IT Project Management Experience:
- Enterprise Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Implementation: Duration 5 Months; Project Team: 1 FTE, 8 Employees with partial time commitment, 3 Consultants; Budget $300,000; I assumed PM role after failed implementation, revised project completion timelines, re-established communication channels and trust among team members, designed and directed successful training and adoption, and implemented data validation processes to successfully deliver standardized access of global operations metrics.
- IT Project Management System: Duration 3 Months; 2 FTE; Budget $0; As technical lead and project manager led the design and implementation of a custom developed Project Management Information System (PMIS) for the Stoneridge IT organization. To date this system has supported more than 40 projects.
- SharePoint 2010 Upgrade: Duration 6 Months; Project Team: 10 employees with partial time commitment; Budget $0; Formed Global SharePoint Governance Team to drive adoption, define data retention policies and information architecture. Then upgraded corrupted SharePoint 2007 farm to SharePoint 2010, provided end user training, and support.
Senior SharePoint Administrator
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
(March 2011 – June 2012)
- Responsibilities include administration, management, and support of SharePoint Server Farms. Serve as SharePoint developer and business analyst providing custom SharePoint solutions. Serve as the primary individual to develop, plan, install, configure, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) infrastructure. Requiring expert knowledge of MOSS Architecture and functionality and a strong working knowledge of related technologies such as: Windows Server administration, Windows Architecture, SQL Server 200x, Internet Information Server, Active Directory, SSL, Kerberos, and Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint. Experience with workflow and InfoPath integration with other technologies is necessary. Analyze the Institution’s information architecture, understand institutional and departmental requirements, configure and maintain organizational taxonomies, site collections, policies, procedures, and solutions. Work closely with developers to install, debug, and maintain necessary code of assigned software. Individual must be highly motivated in this area of computing in order to stay current with present trends and activities. The Sr. SharePoint Administrator must have strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills and the ability to complete assigned work with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Developed fully coded SharePoint 2010 Workflows (C#, Visual Studio), to facilitate 3rd Party Project Management Information System (PMPoint) site provisioning and security architecture.
- Coordinated Project Activates and developed SharePoint solutions for HIPAA Media Consent Library.
- Configured PowerShell Remoting capabilities for management of remote SharePoint servers.
- Developed C# Console Applications for MOSS pre-upgrade inventories of site Assets and permissions.
IT Project Manager Experience:
- Jude / ALSAC BMC Consent Archive: Duration: 3 Months; St. Jude Project Team 4, ALSAC Project Team 9; Budget $0. As technical lead and project manager I delivered a custom solution for storing and managing HIPAA compliant Patient Privacy Media Consent Forms. I also organized HIPAA training for ALSAC employees, and provided end-user training for all team members.
(January 2010 – January 2011)
Web Programmer/Adjunct Faculty
(October 2008 – March 2011)
MS SharePoint Administration & Business Process Integration; MS SQL Server Database Administration; MS IIS Administration; MS Windows Server and Hyper-V Management; PHP application development and maintenance; WordPress Administration; C# .NET web application development and maintenance; Recruit, train, and supervise student IT Support employees.Linux and Solaris support.
- myMerchurst Portal Implementation Project Leader implementation lead; SharePoint architect and developer; IT trainer, requirements analyst, and workflow advisor.
- Organized and Chair Portal Governance Committee, and Student Technology Committee.
- Developed SharePoint WebParts for Single Sign On between College SharePoint Portal and BlackBoard Learning Management System. Released on CodePlex (http://mosswpssoblackboard.codeplex.com/).
- Oversaw transition ofCollege’s student handbook from printed format to web based format (including development and design of MS SharePoint site).
- Managed the implementation and development of a Drupal site for the College newspaper.
- Successfully migrated critical web resources from MS Windows Server 2000/IIS 6 operating environments to MS Windows Server 2008/IIS 7, Hyper-V operating environments.
- Developed back-end integration for consolidation of College calendar information (Perl, MS SQL Server, People Cube’s Web Event).
- Designed and Developed a web based solution for summer session application and course registration. This application also implemented a notification and process management work flow for College Admissions and Student Support staff (C#, ASP.NET, LINQ).
IT Project Management Experience:
- myMercyhurst Portal Implementation Project: Duration: 12 Months; Project Team: 30 team members with partial time commitments; Budget: $70,000; Led Portal Project implementation team; Formed and Chaired Portal Governance Committee, and Student Technology Committees to ensure portal adoption; Developed and conducted SharePoint training for faculty, staff, and students.
Department of Computer Science
Department of Technical Network Services
(January 2004 – October 2008)
- Recommend, develop, implement, and maintain technical solutions in support of Department’s teaching and research goals across a variety of platforms and technologies. Technologies include: Linux, Solaris, MS Windows Server/XP, SUN hardware, Intel PC/Server hardware, Cisco networking equipment and wireless access devices.
- Provide Department faculty and students with technology leadership, training, and support, including serving as course Instructor and Teaching Assistant.
- Develop and enforce computer and network usage, security, and privacy policies.
- Recruit, train, and supervise student IT Support employees.
- Design, test, and maintain data backups, and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage and develop relationships with vendors.
- Designed and implemented a secure web infrastructure (MS IIS, Linux, Solaris, Apache, MySQL, PHP) allowing for the continued usage of a legacy course management application.
- Developed and instructed advanced level Computer Science course focusing on topics such as Systems administration, TCP/IP Networking, Computer Security, and Web Environments.
- Designed and instructed a series of programming laboratories for a Comp Sci. core level course.
- Successfully designed, and implemented a PC life cycle plan.
- Led an inter-departmental technology group to evaluate and recommend campus web-email solution.
- Utilized minimal financial resources to migrate server and pc hardware away from costly vendor maintained systems to less costly systems built form commodity parts.
Technical Support Specialist
Brouse McDowell, LPA (Akron, OH)
(February 2003 – January 2004)
- Provide IT support and training for Firm’s computer hardware, software applications, and PBX.
- Re-engineer VB.NET for Office Applications for optimized database integration.
I.T. Support Technician
Mellon Financial Corporation / R.J. Depaul (Pittsburgh, PA)
(October 2002 – February 2003)
- Provide on-site IT support to users during Total Cost of Ownership and IT centralization Project.
- Provided desktop and network support to users during upgrades from MS Windows NT/Novel network environment to MS Windows XP/Active Directory network environment.
Education & Certifications
PMP Status: PMP application has been accepted, and preparing for Exam. 3/2016
Carnegie Mellon University, Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) 8/2008
Allegheny College, Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science 5/2002